Friday, April 20, 2012

The Family










The idea of family comes from my previous project in story telling course which I had in the first year of my master study. For that specific course our main point of departure was the city of Gothenburg and its stories. I decided to create a group of toy robots with specific characteristics of Gothenburg and its people .those toy robots were made of walnut and oak wood with some plastic parts the walnut represented the immigrants and the oak which is a typical Gothenburg tree represented the native Gothenburg people. I received very positive responds both from teachers and public who visited the exhibition. These robots were my first attempt on creating a more humanistic and simple design which immediately attracts the attention of viewers both in term of aesthetics and background story. Now I would like to revisit this concept in a broader and universal context which is family.

 
By choosing the theme of family I would like to reach a wider audience and tell a story to both adults and children. This story is not necessary a fairy-tale or a historical one it’s the story of moments that happens in any family and between family members. These toy figurines will be carry around through family members and hopefully through generations and it will be a way to remember certain moments in our life.

1 comment:

  1. Mani, you are clearly a stratospheric genius. These are brilliant in design and concept. Go forth!

    ReplyDelete